I love Hudson's teacher! Every so often she'll send small glimpses of what its like to teach her class: stories, a class project, or a small quote from one of the students. Its obvious that she loves what she does and in turn, has given me a new appreciation for this age group. If I were a teacher, I'd want first grade too.
Yesterday, along with her weekly update and wishes for a happy Thanksgiving, she sent along a list from her students. The question posed was: "What are things that we (people) should say more often?" They came up with eleven things.
1. You are optimistic. When people are optimistic it makes people feel good!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Great Job. That person is doing a great job!
3. You are a great person. You are the greatest person because they need to hear it.
4. Yes ma’am. You should say yes ma’am because it makes girls happy.
5. You are awesome is a good thing. It is the greatest thing to say.
6. I am glad to know you. I am glad to know you because you are a friend.
7. You are nice. You are nice because you are my friend.
8. You look the best. You should say this because they will smile.
9. I love you. We should say I love you because it can make someone smile.
10. Thanks for being a great sport. That tells a person they are great at sports.
11. You are the greatest kid in the whole wide world. If there is a kid in the whole world that is sad, we could tell them they are the greatest.
Numbers four and ten are my favorite. I'm now further convinced the world should be run by children... For the simple fact that they seek to lift others up, without ulterior motives, prejudices, and not yet jaded by life.
When I grow up, I want to be a first grader.