And secondly, it turns out I hadn't left my breast pump behind after all! Which would be wonderful news, except that I'd already made Jon drive all the way back to retrieve it for me, only to discover it behind the driver's seat in the van. See... I am tired!]
Three Reasons I’m Not Winning Mother-of-the-Year:
- Miss Andrea had to pull me aside last week when I dropped Devyn off for school. “I just wanted to remind you that if you pack Devyn’s lunch, could you include a drink with it?” I just stared at her dumb-founded. She continued, “We’ve been giving her water, but maybe you could give her money for milk, or include a water bottle, or something.” Seriously?! How on earth did I totally space something as basic as a drink?!
- I went to pick Devyn up from school and Miss Mary met me at the door. “I don’t want to alarm you,” she started, “but Devyn fell during recess today.” She hastened to reply, “She’s ok! But in the future, if she wants to wear dress shoes to school, maybe you could include some tennis shoes for recess too.” These teachers must be thinking that I’m a total idiot at this point.
- When taking a shower this week, I put Reagan in my bedroom while the older kids were watching cartoons. I didn’t take into consideration the fact that older siblings can open doors and did. By the time I got out of the shower, Reagan was nowhere to be found. Only when I hear laughter coming from the swing set, did I venture outside. Lo and behold, Reagan was sitting in the grass watching her brother and sister. I’m in big trouble with that one.
Three Signs You Are Very, Very Tired:
- After pouring myself a cup of coffee this morning, I put the carafe away and went into the living room. When I went back into the kitchen, I couldn’t find the carafe anywhere. I opened the cabinet and discovered that I had placed the carafe on the shelf.
- I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and discovered a very unusual taste to my toothpaste. It was then that I realized I had used the kids’ bubblegum toothpaste by accident.
- I forgot the breast pump today. I am going to be in severe pain by noon.
And lastly, Courtney’s Blog Design Give Away is ending today. So hop on over and enter to win a custom blog design from yours truly!