Twitter Timeline

Friday, February 19, 2010 3 Comments A+ a-

What does one do during a 16-hour road trip, in a 15-passenger van, with 12 family members and 4 children, to maintain some semblance of sanity?! Tweet of course! Enjoy my little Twitter timeline of events.

And to think we're taking the same trip back in just 27 hours. (And to clarify, the four kids, two of whom are babies, did so awesome!)

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 5:56p
: We've arrived and I believe that pizza is soon to be ordered. We survived!

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 5:41p
: The last hour of this 16-hour trip has children in meltdown mode. And now we're in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Joy!

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 5:38p
: My favorite quote of the trip by @allisanchez "I'm not going to calm down! Its a blackberry!"

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 5:08p
: Through 15 hours of driving, numerous sing-alongs, and naps, we're about an hour from Phoenix.

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 1:45p
: Um, correction, Gallup, New Mexico. We're looking at another five hours. I wonder if the kids might revolt soon.

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 12:12p
: Near Gallup, Arizona, Hudson is loving his own personal DVD player. http://tweetphoto.com/11880867

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 12:05p
: In a 15-passenger van, we've had to play the game Telephone to communicate. Its made for some interesting communication.

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 11:41a
: Alli and Dad are out for the count... correction, still out for the count. And we're about to start Cars.

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 11:38a
@seanrjanelle - Surprisingly drama-free so far. Of course iPods and movies are playing a part...

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 8:33a
RT @jbasedow4: Breakfast, then 60min into phoenix.// Very, very jealous! We got a L-O-N-G way to go.

From: @Munchkins_Three
Sent: Feb 19, 2010 7:47a
: On the road again. I can't believe we thought this would be a good idea. 12 family members road-tripping. http://tweetphoto.com/11860010

I’m a coffee drinking, book reading, laundry procrastinating, husband and children loving, mess of a woman who believes that chips and salsa can fix anything. We have chickens running around the backyard, a mountain of dishes in the sink, and on any given morning, I have at least 10 school forms that need my signature or initials. It’s a crazy life {I prefer to call it controlled chaos}, but its ours.

3 comments

Write comments
Wendy
AUTHOR
6:42 AM delete

So excited that you are seeing Stacey! Can't wait to see pictures. Wish I was there!

Dareth
AUTHOR
11:12 AM delete

I am so glad you guys braved the crazy!

Courtney
AUTHOR
9:18 PM delete

I LOVE your new design! It doesn't look like something you normally do.