We ended up taking Ashlynn to the ER on Tuesday night/early Wednesday morning, where she was diagnosed with Influenza A. We’ve now all been put on the Tamiflu.
Lessons Learned from the Littles While Sick:
- If we have to share toys, we need to share germs too. (Never more apparent than when Reagan stuck her pacifier in Ashlynn’s mouth.)
- If medicine helps, then a double dose is even better. (Unbeknownst to the other, Devyn managed to weasel a dose of chewable, grape-flavored Children’s tylenol out of Mom and Dad. This has now been remedied with only one of us administering medicine.)
- Dressing up is an instant pick-me-up, even in the midst of being sick. (The girls keep breaking out the dresses, and Hudson is not without his cowboy hat. Please ignore the poor quality of my Blackberry camera.)
- Kleenex is the new must-have toy. (Kleenex has been used as a red carpet, a blanket, and even doll clothes.)
- There’s no need for baths when steam showers are involved. (Hudson feels that since they’re having steam showers on a regular basis, that’s all the clean he needs. Ha!)
We’re doing ok around here. It seems like every time we take 2 steps forward, we take another step back. We’re still battling runny noses, intermittent fevers, and hacking coughs. It’s a nasty bug. But hey, a family that’s sick together, sticks together, right?