I mentioned that Devyn requested the Hearts 4 Hearts dolls for her birthday and I am so in love with these dolls that I felt they deserve their own post.
We were wandering the aisles of Walmart when Devyn first brought them to my attention. There stood the display of dolls and in an excited, run-on, long-winded sentence, Devyn told me about them.
As I looked over the individual dolls, the one thing that really stood out to me was the fact that they looked like Americ*n Girl dolls but didn’t have the pricey tag attached. Now don’t get me wrong, I love Americ*n Girls dolls as much as the next female. Heck, I devoured the books as a girl myself. But I’m not about to spend $100 on a doll at my girls’ ages right now and the $30 price tag of these Hearts 4 Hearts dolls was definitely more manageable.
I patted Devyn on the back, urging her along, but tucked the idea of these dolls away to explore further. And explore I did… Here’s a brief highlight of my favorite things about these dolls.
- First, and foremost, I LOVE that a portion of the proceeds go to World Vision, a Christian organization that is much like Compassion who strives to help children in other countries. I LOVE that!
- These dolls bear a strong message about confidence, education, and a desire to help their families. A message I’m consistently trying to instill in my own girls.
- These dolls are little girl dolls. They are dressed like little girls. There’s no makeup, no questionable clothing, no unattainable body shape. Dolls that I have no qualms giving to my girls.
- These dolls are well-made. Despite the smaller price tag, these are not thrown together or made with cheap materials. Well-made, strong, dolls.
- I love that each doll comes from a different country and comes with a story of a girl in that country, and I’ve already read the books to Devyn. What a great way to expose our girls to new cultures.
Devyn received two Hearts 4 Hearts dolls for her birthday. She received Consuelo from us, Nahji from my parents, and an outfit for each doll from Jon’s dad. Devyn shared Nahji with Reagan last night and both girls fells asleep with a doll tucked under their arms. And it’s already been decided that we’re adding a Hearts 4 Hearts doll to Reagan’s Christmas list.
Consuelo - Capture the colorful warmth of Mexico with our Consuelo doll! Like all Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls, Consuelo stands 14 inches high and has a poseable, smooth vinyl body, and high-quality rooted hair for hours of doll play. Her hair is a waist-length fall of shining black and her eyes are deep brown with copper highlights.
Consuelo comes dressed in a ruffled, lace-trimmed turquoise skirt and a lime-green blouse with lively floral embroidery on the collar.
Accessories include: Silvery hoop earrings strung with bright beads, color-coordinated bangle bracelets, festive hot pink flower head band, bright pink shoes with silky ribbon ties, doll-sized hair comb with hair elastic, girl-sized H4HG power bracelet, beautiful mini storybook about Consuelo’s life.
Nahji - Experience a girl’s life in exotic India with our Nahji doll! Like all Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls, Nahji stands 14 inches high and has a poseable, smooth vinyl body, and high-quality rooted hair for hours of doll play. Her brown eyes gleam with amber glints and her hair is a sweeping fall of rich coffee brown.
Nahji comes dressed in a tunic of bright fuschia-colored crinkle cotton, trimmed in white appliqué, and lavender leggings with deep hems of embossed gold print.
Accessories include: Braided purple choker with pearl-like pendant, drop earrings of simulated pearl and emerald, removable beaded pearl headband, golden bangle bracelets, hand tattoo inspired by the henna mendhi of India, purple strap sandals, doll-sized hair comb with hair elastic, girl-sized H4HG power bracelet, beautiful mini storybook about Nahji’s life, jeweled nose piercing.
I haven’t been compensated in ANY way for this post. Its simply one mama’s opinion of a great product and one I can whole-heartedly give my support to. I’m quite excited to add to our collection of Hearts 4 Hearts dolls in the future, hoping they’ll add more dolls and the additional accessories they’ve promised on their site. And if you should decide to buy one for your little girl, I promise you won’t be disappointed!