30 Days of Thanks, Part I
If you are friends with me in social media, you know that I’ve been partaking in #30daysofthanks. I’m definitely one who believes that we should be thankful throughout the year, but November is such a great reminder to stop and really take in the things that we so often take for granted. Here are the first 10 days of November thanksgiving.
- Today I am thankful for low-key days. I have no intention to do anything but take Littles to school and recuperate from Halloween. #coffeeinhand
- Today I am thankful for full cupboards and a full fridge. I'm thankful for the ability to keep my children fed in a world where so many mothers struggle to give their babies just one meal a day.
- I am thankful for these women, my sisters, my best friends, and an impromptu morning of gabbing, crying, and laughing. It was exactly what I needed today.
- I am thankful for the Godly character and influence of this man in our life. He may be Jon's grandpa by blood, but he's every bit as mine too. Happy early Birthday, Grandpa!
- I am thankful for like-minded friends and family. I am thankful for civil debates and conversations that require me to consider opinions outside of my own. I am thankful for the opportunity for my voice to be heard when I cast my vote. But most of all, I am thankful for a God who is not surprised by election results. And who is bigger than candidates and political agendas.
- On a non-election-related note, today I am thankful for the opportunity to work from home. It was something I prayed for from the moment they laid Devyn in my arms. And something I don't ever take for granted.
- I am thankful for impromptu date nights. And Mexican food. And we're thankful for Nana, the watcher of the Littles so we can have impromptu date nights.
- I am thankful for morning snuggles. On any given morning, I don't know who will end up in my bed, but I can count on a good 30 minutes of cuddle time.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity to volunteer in Devyn and Hudson's classes. I love saying the Pledge of Allegiance, grading spelling tests, and mostly watching them in this environment. Thankful for friends with whom I can share childcare so I'm able to do this.
- Today I am thankful for new bible studies. I'm thankful for the beautiful women in my Saturday morning group. I am thankful for new words from Him. I am thankful for passionate teachers like Beth Moore. I am thankful for a renewed vision as we study Deuteronomy these next 6 weeks.